Pushes and Pulls: CKSci Teacher Guide
Pushes and Pulls Teacher Guide is the core resource that allows teacher to guide students to observe phenomena and investigate what causes changes in motion by exploring pushes and pulls.
Pushes and Pulls Teacher Guide is the core resource that allows teacher to guide students to observe phenomena and investigate what causes changes in motion by exploring pushes and pulls. Students explore concepts that include the following:
- Pushes and pulls can have different strengths and directions.
- Pushing and pulling on an object can change the speed or direction of its motion and can start or stop it.
- Some pushes and pulls involve contact and others can operate at a distance.
Pushes and Pulls Teacher Guide provides detailed a lesson plan for each day of science study. The TG has reduced full-color Student Book pages for handy reference, activity page masters, assessments, features on knowing the science, and connections to appropriate sections of the Next Generation Science Standards Performance Objectives and the three dimensions of learning.
This activity-centered approach requires, at times, that schools collect or purchase materials and equipment that will be needed to complete activities. Click here to see a complete materials supply list for Pushes and Pulls
- Student Book: engagingly written text with many color illustrations, maps, vocabulary sidebars, and a glossary
Preview the Book
Download this CKSci Teacher Guide in its entirety in PDF form.
- Pushes and Pulls Homeschool Set:
1 Student Book
1 Teacher Guide
- Pushes and Pulls Classroom Set:
25 Student Books
1 Teacher Guide
Core Knowledge Science™ (CKSci) is a comprehensive program covering life science, earth and space science, physical science, and engineering design practices.
CKSci Student Books offer engagingly written text with many color illustrations, photographs that presents scientific information in an ongoing phenomenon-based story. Student Books are designed to be read aloud by the teacher to the students.
Using CKSci in the Classroom
- For Language Arts: You can also use CKSci to integrate content-rich nonfiction into your Reading/Language Arts lessons. Reading in the sciences provides background content knowledge that aids in reading across all disciplines.
CKSci Retail Prices
8.5 in. W x 11 in. H