Work in Progress: Core Knowledge Science™
The Core Knowledge Foundation is currently developing Core Knowledge Science™ (CKSci™). This program for grades K–5 will incorporate Science topics from the Core Knowledge Sequence in a way that aligns with the expectations and approach of the Next Generation Science Standards.
Now Available: Knowledge Maps
We are happy to share with you the working draft Knowledge Maps for grades K-2. While the forthcoming Core Knowledge Science program will not be directly based on these Knowledge Maps, we offer them as guidance to schools seeking to compare the Core Knowledge Sequence Science domains to NGSS expectations and goals.Download CKSci Knowledge Maps
For each CKSci unit, the Knowledge Map:
- Organizes content from the Core Knowledge Sequence.
- Includes alignment information and rationale for addressing the relevant Next Generation Science Standards.
- Articulates common misconceptions to support teachers as they help children overcome obstacles to understanding.
- Lists recommended content objectives for student mastery.
- Outlines several possible activities and assessment ideas for each domain of study.