Interested to see knowledge-based schooling in action? Want to find Core Knowledge schools in your local area? We can help.
Visit a school.
To understand the Core Knowledge approach, it helps to see students and teachers engaged in thoughtful work in content-rich classrooms. While Core Knowledge schools differ in many ways, they are united by their commitment to knowledge-based schooling guided by the Core Knowledge Sequence.
Schools of Distinction
We highly recommend you visit a Core Knowledge School of Distinction. These exemplary schools have demonstrated effective and thorough implementation of the Core Knowledge approach. Each school not only exhibits strong instructional practices, but fosters collaboration, involves all stakeholders, and strives for continuous improvement.
Learn about becoming a School of Distinction and the associated costs for professional development and observations.
Get to know our Core Knowledge Schools of Distinction.
- Special recognition for outstanding school culture of collective leadership and exemplary use of enrichment opportunities for students. Awarded: May 25, 2017
- Special recognition for outstanding student engagement with Core Knowledge content. Awarded: June 3, 2014
- Special recognition for outstanding professional learning communities and planning with Core Knowledge content. Awarded: October 11, 2012
- Special recognition for outstanding content integration across the subject areas and effective teaching practices. Awarded: May 15, 2015
- Special recognition for outstanding collaborative planning and implementation of the CKLA Listening & Learning Strand in the primary grades. Awarded: June 5, 2015
- Special recognition for outstanding intervention programs and content integration across subjects. Awarded: June 7, 2013
- Special recognition for outstanding grade-level collaboration and school-community partnerships. Awarded: May 18, 2018
- Special recognition for outstanding use and collaborative management of human and material resources. Awarded: November 17, 2014
- Special recognition for outstanding implementation of CKLA and curriculum support. Awarded: April 1, 2014
- Special recognition for outstanding implementation of CKLA and collaborative planning. Awarded: February 11, 2016
Locate a school near you.
Review our complete directory of Core Knowledge schools to find schools and districts that implement the Core Knowledge Sequence and CKLA across the country.
Other Places to See Core Knowledge in Action
Have you visited a Core Knowledge school?
Share your experience with us, and let us know what you thought.