Kindergarten Starter Kit
For individual grade levels from Preschool through Grade 5, the Starter Kits conveniently bundle a selection of Core Knowledge resources for newcomers just getting started with Core Knowledge or experienced teachers looking to enrich their knowledge and complement their existing supply of Core Knowledge materials. Also, in schools using the Core Knowledge Language Arts program, the Starter Kits can help teachers extend their instruction to embrace the full range of Core Knowledge Sequence topics.
Starter Kits are priced to offer a significant discount compared to the amount if items were purchased individually. See below for a list of items in the Kindergarten Starter Kit and links to descriptions.
NOTE: The Teacher Handbook Kindergarten is no longer available for purchase and removed from this bundle.
The Kindergarten Starter Kit includes these items:
- The Core Knowledge Sequence outlines specific knowledge and skills to be taught in all major content areas: language arts, history and geography, mathematics, science, visual arts, and music.
- What Your Kindergartner Needs to Know offers parents, teachers, and children an illustrated guide to the essential knowledge outlined in the Core Knowledge Sequence, including beloved stories and poems, familiar sayings, interesting information on history and geography, lively discussions of visual arts and music, and explanations and activities in math and science.
- The Art Resources packet is an unbound, shrink-wrapped set of full-color prints of the artworks listed in the Visual Arts section of the Core Knowledge Sequence.
- The Text Resources packet is an unbound, shrink-wrapped set of reproducible black-and-white pages with texts of the stories and poems specified in the Language Arts section of the Core Knowledge Sequence, as well as selected nonfiction texts, song lyrics, and sheet music.
- Listen, My Children is an anthology of the poetry specified in the Core Knowledge Sequence guidelines for Language Arts.
Recommended and available for separate purchase: The Core Knowledge Preschool-Kindergarten Music CD Set includes compact discs with recordings of many of the musical works specified in the Core Knowledge Sequence, such as Brahms’ Lullaby and Saint-Saens’ Carnival of the Animals.
A Note on Returns: We accept returns within 30 days of the date of purchase. Starter Kits must be returned as whole kits. Any software or shrink-wrapped items in the kit must be unopened for a return to be accepted.