Kindergarten Starter Kit
For individual grade levels from Preschool through Grade 5, a “Starter Kit” can conveniently bundle a selection of Core Knowledge resources for newcomers just getting started with Core Knowledge or experienced teachers looking to enrich their knowledge and complement their existing supply of Core Knowledge materials.
See below a list of items we recommend purchasing to get started in Kindergarten and links to the product pages for purchase.
- What Your Kindergartner Needs to Know offers parents, teachers, and children an illustrated guide to the essential knowledge outlined in the Core Knowledge Sequence, including beloved stories and poems, familiar sayings, interesting information on history and geography, lively discussions of visual arts and music, and explanations and activities in math and science.
- The Art Resources packet is an unbound, shrink-wrapped set of full-color prints of the artworks listed in the Visual Arts section of the Core Knowledge Sequence.
- Listen, My Children is an anthology of the poetry specified in the Core Knowledge Sequence guidelines for Language Arts.
- The Core Knowledge Preschool-Kindergarten Music CD Set includes compact discs with recordings of many of the musical works specified in the Core Knowledge Sequence, such as Brahms’ Lullaby and Saint-Saens’ Carnival of the Animals.
- What Your Kindergartner Needs to Know
- Art Resources Kindergarten
- Listen, My Children: Poems for Kindergartners
- CKMusic: Pre-Kindergarten Music Collection