Leadership and learning are indispensable to each other.John F. Kennedy
Whether you are just getting started or looking for a refresher in our approach, the Leadership Institute can support you. Hear stories from experienced Core Knowledge leaders, network with other educators from across the country, and learn more about how to support your colleagues and students as they dive into Core Knowledge.
Support for Leaders in 2021
Due to COVID 19 travel restrictions, the Core Knowledge Foundation will not offer a face-to-face Leadership Institute during 2021. However, other options are available.
If you have 10+ leaders in your district or network, we would be happy to host a professional learning experience just your school leaders. The training can be delivered on-site, such as:
- One-two day training designed to support leaders implementing the Core Knowledge Sequence and other Core Knowledge curricula (e.g., CKHG, CKSci, and/or CKLA).
- One-two day training designed for CKLA leaders. This includes an introduction to the Core Implementation Practices and addressing common implementation challenges.
Please contact us for more information.
If you are unable to schedule and/or participate in a Core Knowledge Leadership training, we’ve still got you covered. Our NEW Leader Starter Kit offers school leaders specific guidance and a wealth of tools that can be used to build buy-in with staff, develop understandings around the research that served as the underpinning of the Core Knowledge approach, and strengthen implementation.
Audience: NEW Core Knowledge leaders
The kit contents would also be beneficial for an experienced leader who is looking to provide staff with a “refresher” around this approach and/or to orient new staff.
The kit is designed to assist leaders in meeting four goals:
- Introduce staff and/or school community to Core Knowledge and the benefits this approach affords students.
- Build deeper understandings around the theories and research that informs the Core Knowledge approach.
- Establish a process for piloting materials and reflecting on results.
- Self-assess implementation of Core Knowledge in order to identify strengths and areas of need.
For more information, please visit the Core Knowledge bookstore:
Mark Your Calendars for July 2022
2022 Core Knowledge Leadership Institute
When: July 14–15, 2022
Where: Washington, D.C., Metro Area
- Thursday, July 14: Introduction to the Core Implementation Practices
- Friday, July 15: Select one of the following options:
- Strengthening Implementation: Moving Your School Toward Strong Fidelity
- Strengthening Implementation: Applying the Core Implementation Practices to CKLA Instruction
- The Core Knowledge Approach and CKLA
If you would like to be notified when registration opens in Fall, 2021, please complete this contact form.
Can I attend the Institute if my school uses CKLA?
You can participate in the Leadership Institute even if your school only implements CKLA. The Institute presents strategies useful in a wide-range of Core Knowledge settings, including schools whose implementation is based on the Core Knowledge Language Arts® program, as well as schools comprehensively or partially following the Core Knowledge Sequence. While the Institute is not solely focused on supporting CKLA, we will address resources and practices relevant to the program.
If you are looking for training specifically focused on CKLA, please contact our publishing partner, Amplify.
Have more questions?
Want to know more about the Leadership Institute or CK Leader Starter Kit? Please contact us. We are happy to help.