The Core Knowledge Leadership Institute is for administrators, curriculum coordinators, and lead teachers in Core Knowledge schools who want to:
- Learn how to get started or go further with the Core Knowledge approach to knowledge-based schooling
- Network with Core Knowledge leaders from across the country
- Support colleagues and students in classrooms focused on knowledge-based schooling.
Session 1: Introduction to the Core Implementation Practices
- New leaders in a PreK–8 school that follow the Core Knowledge Sequence
- Leaders seeking to renew their focus on implementing Core Knowledge with strong fidelity
- Core Knowledge instructional approach Implementation planning and continuous improvement
- Core Knowledge framework and resources
- Effective teaching practices in a Core Knowledge school
- Parent and community involvement
- High-leverage leadership strategies for knowledge-based schools
Session 2: Moving Your School Toward Strong Fidelity
- K–8 school leaders familiar with the Core Implementation Practices
- Leaders looking for strategies to identify and address systemic needs
- What the Core Implementation Practices look like in a strong CK school
- Tools to examine school-wide CK implementation
- Identifying opportunities for growth
- Problem-solving strategies that promote systemic change
Upcoming Leadership Institutes
The 2019 Leadership Institute will be held in Charlottesville, VA. If you would like to be notified when registration opens, please complete this contact form.
Does your school or district have six or more leaders interested in participating? Please contact us to learn more about how the Core Knowledge Leadership Institute can be brought to you.
Schools Using Core Knowledge Language Arts
Can I attend the Leadership Institute if my school only implements CKLA?
Answer: Yes. The Institute presents strategies useful in a wide-range of Core Knowledge settings, including schools whose implementation is based on the Core Knowledge Language Arts® program, as well as schools comprehensively or partially following the Core Knowledge Sequence.
While the Institute is not solely focused on supporting CKLA, we will address resources and practices relevant to the program. The Institute is most relevant for leaders who seek to extend the CK approach beyond Language Arts into other parts of the school day.
If you are looking for training specifically focused on CKLA, please contact our publishing partner, Amplify.
Have more questions?
Want to know more about the Leadership Institute? Not sure which session to register for? Please contact us. We are happy to help.