Have you checked out our free
Core Knowledge resources?
Below, you’ll find links to our archive of lesson plans created and shared by Core Knowledge teachers prior to 2011. But first, have you checked out the many current free downloadable resources that the Core Knowledge Foundation offers in Language Arts and in History and Geography? You’ll find colorfully illustrated student readers, comprehensive teacher guides, and helpful supplemental materials, such as blackline masters and online resource links, all readily available for you to download.
Be sure to check out our free Core Knowledge resources because…
- They’re easy to follow, with detailed lesson plans for each unit.
- They’re complete, offering (in many grades) comprehensive programs in Language Arts and in History and Geography.
- They’re coherent, as each unit is part of a sequence of instruction that builds unit by unit and grade by grade.
- They’re validated by subject-matter experts and editors who have reviewed the materials for accuracy in content and presentation.
- They’re free! Just click and download.
Teacher-Created Lesson Plans
The Core Knowledge Foundation extends its sincere thanks to all teachers who developed these units for our National Conferences (1992-2011) or through their participation in the Colorado Unit Writing Project (1999-2004).
These lessons are voluntarily shared by their creators and have not been vetted by the Core Knowledge Foundation nor reviewed by content experts. If you have questions or comments regarding any of the shared units and lessons, please contact us.
Try it yourself! Plan knowledge-rich lessons based on the Core Knowledge Sequence.
Browse our curriculum planning tools.
Use our curriculum planning tools to guide you through the process of writing your own activities, lessons, and units.
For more support, explore our professional development offerings to further enhance your lesson and unit-creation skills.