The Core Knowledge Foundation is pleased to announce that Draft Copies of the CKLA Grade 6 Teacher Guides, Activity Books, and Online Resources* may now be downloaded.
These eight units provide a full year of instruction in Reading, Writing, Speaking, and Listening, aligned to the Common Core State Standards.
Download these FREE resources from the Core Knowledge website:
- Unit 1 – Flying Lessons and Other Stories
- Unit 2 – Calling All Minds: How to Think and Create Like an Inventor
- Unit 3 – The Iliad, the Odyssey and Other Greek Stories
- Unit 4 – The Heritage of Ancient Greece and Rome
- Unit 5 – The Tragedy of Julius Caesar
- Unit 6 – 90 Miles to Havana
- Unit 7 – The Blessings of Liberty: Voices for Social Justice and Equal Rights in America
- Unit 8 – Realms of Gold (poetry)
With the exception of Unit 4, Student Books must be purchased.
Student Books for Units 3, 5, 7 & 8 are available for purchase from the Core Knowledge Bookstore
Student Books for Units 1, 2, & 6 may be purchased from your preferred bookstore.
* We will be field testing the CKLA Grade 6 instructional materials during the 2021-2022 school year.
We welcome any feedback or suggestions that you may have.