Learn how Core Knowledge schools in nearly every state are succeeding with a sequenced, solid, specific, and shared curriculum. More…
Core Knowledge Leadership Institute
Administrators, Core Knowledge Coordinators
Participation in the following workshops are preferred:
By the end of this institute, participants will be able to:
- articulate the philosophy behind a Core Knowledge school;
- identify key components of implementation planning;
- identify and access resources to support Core Knowledge implementation;
- identify and describe characteristics of effective teaching (professional growth targets);
- describe the importance of parent and community involvement and the means of supporting them;
- describe key characteristics of quality leadership and professional learning communities; and
- begin development of an action plan for successful implementation of Core Knowledge.
The Core Knowledge Leadership Institute is designed to provide guidance to principals and Core Knowledge coordinators on how to implement Core Knowledge with fidelity. Topics include the Core Knowledge curriculum and approach, implementation planning, resources, effective teaching, parent and community involvement, and high-leverage leadership strategies.
Note: This institute does not replace the other professional development workshops already offered by the Core Knowledge Foundation, nor will participants be trained as Core Knowledge consultants.
Check our calendar of events for the latest Core Knowledge Leadership Institutes.
For addtional details, please contact the Professional Development Coordinator via email, firstname.lastname@example.org, or by calling (434) 220-3352.