Ready to move to the next grade? Not sure what materials you need to get started with Core Knowledge? We have made it easy by offering these easy-to-order starter kits for preschool through grade 5. More…
Learn how Core Knowledge schools in nearly every state are succeeding with a sequenced, solid, specific, and shared curriculum. More…
Get Started with Core Knowledge
When schools combine their time and resources with support from the Foundation to adopt the Core Knowledge Sequence, the resulting student achievement can be very rewarding.
Learn about Core Knowledge
Successful implementation begins with interested schools understanding and embracing the philosophy behind the Core Knowledge Sequence. To do this, we encourage you to:
- Become familiar with Core Knowledge and our mission, goals, and philosophy.
- Read some of our publications.
- Visit existing Core Knowledge schools to see Core Knowledge in action!
Contact the Foundation
Contact the Core Knowledge Foundation to establish a relationship and engage our support. Involving the Foundation early in your implementation will:
- provide you with the benefit of our years of experience;
- assist you in creating a realistic budget;
- assist you in creating a professional development plan that meets the needs of your staff; and
- guide you in your effective selection of sequential reading and math programs.
Making the commitment to be a Core Knowledge school is an important decision that involves a great deal of discussion among the central office and district stakeholders, school staff, parents, and others involved with the operations of the school. Once the administration is convinced that Core Knowledge will be an asset to their school, it is important to take time to gain the support of all of the teachers. Ensuring buy-in from teachers and other key stakeholders will put you on the path to success.