Common Core State Standards
The Core Knowledge Foundation supports the common standards initiative. Voluntary standards are "a not-to-be-missed opportunity" for American education. —E. D. Hirsch, Jr. More…
CKLA Implementation Resources Guide
Support your implementation with on-demand webinars, turnkey training materials, video clips and more. More…
Careers @ Core Knowledge
Core Knowledge is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will be afforded equal employment opportunities without discrimination because of race, creed, color, national origin, sex, age, disability or marital status.
Experienced Accounting Manager
Purpose of this Position:
Work closely with executive management team to manage all accounting functions of the Foundation, including but not limited to financial reporting, general ledger accounting, annual audit, month- and year-end processes, payables, receivables, and reconciliations. The accounting manager will also coordinate with vendors to conduct all HR-related activities.
- Minimum of eight years of combined formal education and relevant experience required; experience must include accounting, bookkeeping, human resources, benefits administration and compensation.
- Required skills:
- Proficiency with MS Office Word and Excel.
- Analytical and troubleshooting skills.
- Ability to think independently with little supervision.
- Strong organizational skills required to prioritize work and meet deadlines.
- Must be self-directed.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work well with executive staff, Foundation staff, and outside vendors, customers, and consultants.
- Desired but not required:
- CPA Certification
- Experience with MS Dynamics Great Plains accounting software
- Experience with nonprofit accounting
We are looking to fill an immediate opening in our Accounting department. Well qualified applicants with immediate availability should send resumes and a minimum of three references to email@example.com.