Common Core State Standards
The Core Knowledge Foundation supports the common standards initiative. Voluntary standards are "a not-to-be-missed opportunity" for American education. —E. D. Hirsch, Jr. More…
CKLA Implementation Resources Guide
Support your implementation with on-demand webinars, turnkey training materials, video clips and more. More…
Careers @ Core Knowledge
Core Knowledge is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will be afforded equal employment opportunities without discrimination because of race, creed, color, national origin, sex, age, disability or marital status.
Core Knowledge seeks to fill an immediate opening for a Communications Assistant. The purpose of this position is to Function as part of the customer service team, which includes members from across the Foundation collaborating on a daily basis to assist customers and ensure consistent messaging and external communications.
Primary responsibilities include planning, coordinating, and implementing website content changes; assisting with the launch of a new website; planning and maintaining social media accounts; coordinating and posting guest blogs; coordinating event logistics, email blasts and surveys; and providing customer service by phone and email.
- Three or more years of professional experience; experience in website maintenance, social media, and customer service required; experience in event planning capacity a plus.
- Knowledge and proficiency with content management software, HTML, Google Analytics, and Adobe Creative Suite preferred.
- Knowledge of general office practices, procedures, and office machines.
- Strong knowledge and proficiency with word processing, spreadsheet, presentation, and database software.
- Ability to address projects and issues with a detail-oriented perspective.
- Ability to organize, coordinate, and manage multiple projects and deadlines.
- Ability to speak and write clearly.
- Ability to interact with customers in a service-oriented fashion.
- Ability to think analytically and apply trouble-shooting skills.
The purpose of this position is to perform duties including design, layout, art coordination, file conversions, and produce publications ranging from simple brochures to full length books for the Publication Sales department, as well as related activities in support of the operational side of the Foundation. This position will perform as a member of the Publication Sales team.
- Bachelor of Fine Arts Graphic Design degree or equivalent experience.
- Five years of experience as a graphic designer, including how to create files for output, understanding color management and photo manipulation.
- Experience managing output for publication in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment.
- Demonstrated ability to develop graphics from abstract concepts.
- Solid understanding of color management and basic photography.
- Must be able to prioritize and manage multiple tasks simultaneously and remain cognizant of deadlines and schedules.
- Experience communicating with external entities about all aspects of Design and Production.
- Attention to detail, as well as strong organizational and time management skills.
- Collaborative skills and ability to work in a team capacity are essential.
- Ability to provide and receive feedback in a positive manner.
- Self-starter; ability to work with minimal day-to-day supervision.
- In-depth knowledge of creative software. Proficiency in page layout and illustration software: Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe InDesign.
- Experience working with Quark and eBook files and conversions a plus.
- Must be willing to troubleshoot and learn new emerging technologies in the publication field.
Qualified applicants should send cover letters with resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please specify to which position you are applying in the subject line.