Common Core State Standards
The Core Knowledge Foundation supports the common standards initiative. Voluntary standards are "a not-to-be-missed opportunity" for American education. —E. D. Hirsch, Jr. More…
CKLA Implementation Resources Guide
Support your implementation with on-demand webinars, turnkey training materials, video clips and more. More…
Careers @ Core Knowledge
Core Knowledge is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will be afforded equal employment opportunities without discrimination because of race, creed, color, national origin, sex, age, disability or marital status.
Core Knowledge seeks to fill an immediate opening for a Communications Assistant. The purpose of this position is to Function as part of the customer service team, which includes members from across the Foundation collaborating on a daily basis to assist customers and ensure consistent messaging and external communications.
Primary responsibilities include planning, coordinating, and implementing website content changes; assisting with the launch of a new website; planning and maintaining social media accounts; coordinating and posting guest blogs; coordinating event logistics, email blasts and surveys; and providing customer service by phone and email.
- Three or more years of professional experience; experience in website maintenance, social media, and customer service required; experience in event planning capacity a plus.
- Knowledge and proficiency with content management software, HTML, Google Analytics, and Adobe Creative Suite preferred.
- Knowledge of general office practices, procedures, and office machines.
- Strong knowledge and proficiency with word processing, spreadsheet, presentation, and database software.
- Ability to address projects and issues with a detail-oriented perspective.
- Ability to organize, coordinate, and manage multiple projects and deadlines.
- Ability to speak and write clearly.
- Ability to interact with customers in a service-oriented fashion.
- Ability to think analytically and apply trouble-shooting skills.