What Every American Needs to Know
Cultural Literacy: What Every American Needs to Know, available from our online bookstore. More…
Common Core State Standards
The Core Knowledge Foundation supports the common standards initiative. Voluntary standards are "a not-to-be-missed opportunity" for American education. —E. D. Hirsch, Jr. More…
2013 Core Knowledge Symposium
Phoenix, AZ June 24–26, 2013
Desert Willow Conference Center
4340 E. Cotton Center Boulevard
Phoenix, AZ 85040
We are pleased to offer a special, three-day symposium rate of $475.00 per participant (fee is inclusive of breakfast and lunch at the conference center each day). Registration for this event has closed.
Join us in Phoenix, AZ for three days of fulfilling professional development designed to fine-tune your Core Knowledge implementation. The symposium provides a unique opportunity for you to forge new relationships as well as strengthen existing connections within the family of committed Core Knowledge educators. You will be able to train under key directors and members of the Core Knowledge Foundation and, most importantly, access tools and strategies that will improve your school’s potential for success.
The symposium is comprised of two professional development days (please see the workshop offerings listed below) and one day featuring several key note speakers. Aligning with domains found in the Core Knowledge Sequence, each of the featured speakers will offer valuable and exciting approaches to historical figures, documents and artwork. Participants will take home new ideas and hands-on activities for use in the classroom. The featured speakers include: Dr. Rhonda Bondie of Fordham University, Jim Weiss of Greathall Productions, and Paul Baker of University of the Southwest.
- Teaching, Learning and Assessment: Meaningful Instruction
- Preschool: Using Children's Literature and Writing to Develop Literacy Skills
- Leadership Institute for Administrators, with a special second day on supporting the Common Core
- A “sneak” preview of our new online curriculum planning software
- In Leadership Institute—an additional focus on understanding and supporting the Common Core instructional shifts and how they apply to math and early literacy
- A preview of an unit from our forthcoming Core Knowledge Language Arts (CKLA) for Preschool product
Thank you for you interest; Registration for this event closed on June 14, 2013 at 5:00 p.m. EST.